For many years now, I have wanted to be a doctor. I love to problem solve, but also interact with people as they face challenges. To me, being a doctor is much more than the medicine. It’s about compassion and gaining perspective. I have become involved in the medical community through ways such as volunteering at the local hospital and donating blood. However, I feel that I can make a greater impact; I will be able to achieve this with my project. Many people in our community have been affected by cancer in some way, whether it be through battling the disease themselves or watching a friend or family member fight it. As a spectator of the disease, we sometimes feel helpless. Through organizing a bone marrow drive, I hope to raise awareness in the community on how they can get involved and potentially save a life.
No comments:
Post a Comment